Who said that if you’re trying to lose weight you can’t eat cookies?
Well definitely not this girl! I strongly encourage it
There’s a million chocolate chip cookie recipes out there so why choose this one?
Well because it’s super easy to make and it’s swimsuit friendly
Each cookie has only 124 calories! So go ahead, indulge and grab 2!
Only 33 days until the sunny beaches of Puerto Vallarta! Can you tell how excited I am!
I bought 2 new swimsuits and 5 dresses! And I’ve been working out like a maniac…
And I finally went tanning yesterday! It feels soo good to finally have some color
So after a long workout, go ahead reward yourself with a skinny cookie! You earned it
Comments: This cookies rock! They are lightened up with the applesauce but are still just as yummy!
Will I make these again? Yes. I will make extra dough, shape it into balls and freeze it and then bake cookies as I crave them
Best Skinny Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes: 15 cookies
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (I used regular dark chocolate chips because I was out of minis)
- a sprinkle of sea salt
- In a bowl with electric or hand mixer, beat the butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Add the egg, vanilla and applesauce and beat to combine.
- Slowly add the flour and baking soda, beating until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 2hrs or preferably overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350F.
- Drop the dough by rounded tbsp on a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle each ball of cookie dough with sea salt.
- Bake for 9-11mins.
- Let cool completely before digging in