Hope everyone had a fabulous Valentine’s day
Sorry I haven’t been on in like 10 days but I just haven’t been feeling like blogging lately.
It’s not that I don’t have material to share, I certainly do.
I just haven’t been feeling like writing it all down.
But it’s time to get back to it
SO here we have deconstructed chicken pot pie
This recipe is super easy to make, like OMG ridiculously easy and soo very tasty!
And instead of using pie dough I used biscuits. Why? Because I hate pie dough! I’ve had a handful of terrifying experiences with it and since I’m not ready to face my fears yet I just try to avoid it as much as possible.
I had some leftover honey biscuits from when I made the beef stew so I decided to use them in this and it definitely turned out fab!
The filling is creamy and rich, with lots of chicken (yum!), peas and I love the addition of corn, top it with a honey biscuit and you have a perfect weekday meal straight from Comfortown
Deconstructed Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 10 baby carrots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp light butter
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1 1/4 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 4 Grands! honey biscuits
- serve: chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a pot over medium high heat, add the EVOO.
- Once hot add the onion and carrots.
- Cook until softened and onions are translucent about 5 mins.
- Add the garlic and saute for 30 secs.
- Remove to a plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add butter.
- Once melted, stir in the flour.
- Cook for 1 min, stirring frequently.
- Whisk in the milk, broth and basil and continue whisking to break up any lumps.
- Let the sauce simmer and thicken (about 1-2 mins).
- Turn the heat off and add in the vegetables, chicken, peas and carrots.
- If the filling is too thick add in a little more chicken broth.
- Spray a 2qt baking dish with cooking spray.
- transfer the filling to the baking dish and top with the biscuits.
- Bake for 20-25 mins or until the biscuits are golden brown and cooked through*.
- Serve with chopped parsley.
*Check the package directions on the biscuits you are using to check for cooking time and temperatures.