Muffins of my dreams.
More citrus, I know I’m getting annoying here.
I absolutely adore muffins.
Perfect breakfast on the go.
With a cup of iced coffee.
Speaking of coffee…are you really not allowed to drink any while you’re pregnant? Like none at all?
And no I’m not pregnant but I’d like to be soon. But not too soon.
But I just can’t imagine not having a cup of Jo every morning. Just a cup.
And it’s more like a cup of cream and sugar with a tiny bit of coffee.
Anyways. These muffins are good. With coffee. With tea. With a big glass of milk. Just choose your poison and eat one or two…or three…
Comments: These are awesome! Totally rocked my world! Light yet dense, with a little zing and freshness from the orange. You get some chocolate chips in every bite and the glaze just puts in over the top. Best muffins ever!!! Great recipe that completely delivers on texture, flavor and ease.
Negatives: None at all. Soo good!
Will I make it again? Umm….YES!!!
Orange Ricotta Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. orange juice
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a small bowl combine sugar and orange zest. Rub the sugar with your fingers until fragrant.
- In the bowl of electric mixer beat the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the ricotta and beat to combine.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla, and orange juice.
- With the mixer on low, add the flour and mix until the batter comes together. Don’t overmix.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- With an ice cream scoop, drop the batter in 12 muffin cups. Bake for 18-20 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool completely before pouring the glaze.
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
Whisk all the ingredients together and drizzle over cooled muffins.