A lot of times I even consider skipping the whole dinner thing and going straight for dessert. That’s the best part anyway right?
Or skipping breakfast and eating cake instead. Wait I already did that….
Another problem I have is candy.
I mean Candy Crush.
I’ve been stuck on level 197 for the past week and it’s really starting to piss.me.off.
I know, first world problems.
Can someone come over and beat it for me pretty pretty please? I will reward you with some cookies and a big glass of milk.
And did you know that Candy Crush rehab was an actual thing? I’m sure my husband is trying to get me admitted asap.
Because let’s face it I think I have a problem.
Now about this pie…
Comments: Holy Moly. Sweet Jesus. This pie was good. The pie itself doesn’t need to be baked and you only need your oven on for 10mins to bake the crust. Why bake it? Coz I think it holds its shape better if you do and it’s easier to serve.
Negatives: Really really really sweet. Did I mention how sweet it was? Nothing is usually too sweet for me but this was a little too much. Ok let’s break down the layers: We start off with oreo crust yum. Then a layer of chopped snicker’s. Then we have a filling of cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, whipped cream, dulce de leche and snickers. The filling very much reminded me of my banana cream pies. Actually this recipe made sooo much filling that I made 3 banana cream pie parfaits with it. I don’t like to waste stuff. Then more snicker’s. It was just too much sweetness. Too much.
Will I make it again? I don’t know. It was very good but I will have to modify it a lot to make it perfect. Like maybe eliminating the dulce de leche and adding some salted caramel sauce instead. Let condensed milk for sure. Maybe removing the first layer of snickers. It just definitely needs some salty aspect to balance out all that sweet.
(Almost) No-Bake Snicker’s Pie
- 1 9in Oreo cookie crust
- 2 cups fresh whipped cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup dulce de leche, plus 1 tablespoon for drizzling
- 3 Snickers Bars, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F. Bake oreo crust for 8mins. Cool completely before filling.
- Spread 1/3 of the chopped Snickers bar on the bottom of the pie crust.
- In the bowl of electric mixer beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add condensed milk and 1/4 cup dulce de leche and beat to combine. Fold in the whipped cream.Stir in 1/3 of the Snicker’s bars.
- Spread the filling over the pie crust.
- Top with the remaining Snickers and drizzle 1tbsp dulce de leche.
- Refrigerate for at least 3hrs.