I’m in love with these.
I had similar pancakes during our stay in Reynold’s Mansion and I couldn’t get them out of my head. Just kept thinking and dreaming about them.
Absolutely deelish I tell you.
And I think these pancakes were even a little better than the ones we had there.
They were just soo fluffy, sweet with a light tang from the lemon and then slaughtered with syrup and butter. I am drooling just thinking about them!
Even the husband loved them and he’s not a lemon lover at all so you know these are good!
Comments: This recipe was easy to follow and turned out perfectly! Pancakes were light and fluffy just heaven on a plate!
Negatives: These do take a little more work (and bowls) than most pancakes recipes but definitely worth it!
Tips: These are great frozen and reheated in the microwave!
Will I make these again? YES!!! Probably some of my favorite pancakes…ever!
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs, at room temperature, separated
- 1/4 cup sugar
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl combine the ricotta, milk, yolks, sugar, lemon juice and zest.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and 1/8tsp salt into the ricotta mixture and stir to combine.
- In a bowl beat the egg whites until frothy.
- Add the salt to the egg whites and beat until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold in the egg whites into the ricotta mixture until it’s just combined.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of batter on a hot griddle and cook until little bubbles form all over the surface.
- Flip and cook for about a min longer.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve with syrup and butter.